It is fall here in the mountains. Seeing the leaves fall and other leaves begin to turn, I feel in the center of the season instead of just sort of observing it as I would’ve done in Lexington. Instead of making me sad or pensive, because I can see the Earth prepare for slumber. It is getting into its pajamas now. I’ve never seen fall through these eyes before. Does that mean they’re old? Or, just older than last year and the many years past? I must admit, some days I feel way older than my years and ancient in my heart. I am glad it passes – I couldn’t handle feeling like that every day forever. I guess I am just not ready for it, but, Are you ever ready for that stage of life? I wish my Mommy here so I could ask her.
firstname.lastname@example.orgWant to submit something? Send me an e-mail!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
10 Most recent categories
- Today I need to just pour things onto a canvas. instagram.com/p/CKFaGK9MnVs3… 2 days ago
- Movies And Quiet Thursdays kmgn.me/2021/01/14/mov… 3 days ago
- I do, too. Many Americans do, I think. twitter.com/DanRather/stat… 3 days ago
- RT @WKYT: “Armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols from 16 January through at least 20 January, and at the U.S. Capitol f… 6 days ago
- Really? No organic food in jail? My goodness, I bet he really does feel like he is in jail. twitter.com/MelissaBlasius… 6 days ago
Previously on KMGN
You are … here but want to be there/search