It is fall here in the mountains. Seeing the leaves fall and other leaves begin to turn, I feel in the center of the season instead of just sort of observing it as I would’ve done in Lexington. Instead of making me sad or pensive, because I can see the Earth prepare for slumber. It is getting into its pajamas now. I’ve never seen fall through these eyes before. Does that mean they’re old? Or, just older than last year and the many years past? I must admit, some days I feel way older than my years and ancient in my heart. I am glad it passes – I couldn’t handle feeling like that every day forever. I guess I am just not ready for it, but, Are you ever ready for that stage of life? I wish my Mommy here so I could ask her.
firstname.lastname@example.orgWant to submit something? Send me an e-mail!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
10 Most recent categories
- At Last… kmgn.me/2019/10/29/at-… 1 week ago
- Today Is An “Invictus” Day kmgn.me/2019/10/07/tod… 1 month ago
- Sunday And Drawing kmgn.me/2019/10/06/sun… https://t.co/H5WsEJEI3n 1 month ago
- 5th Halloween-Poem Contest – Jury introduction – and Start Up — Chris The Story Reading Ape’s Blog… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @akkitwts: This 17-year-old girl spends her free time throwing birthday parties for homeless kids, who otherwise couldn't afford one. 👏… 1 month ago
Previously on KMGN
You are … here but want to be there/search