It is fall here in the mountains. Seeing the leaves fall and other leaves begin to turn, I feel in the center of the season instead of just sort of observing it as I would’ve done in Lexington. Instead of making me sad or pensive, because I can see the Earth prepare for slumber. It is getting into its pajamas now. I’ve never seen fall through these eyes before. Does that mean they’re old? Or, just older than last year and the many years past? I must admit, some days I feel way older than my years and ancient in my heart. I am glad it passes – I couldn’t handle feeling like that every day forever. I guess I am just not ready for it, but, Are you ever ready for that stage of life? I wish my Mommy here so I could ask her.
firstname.lastname@example.orgWant to submit something? Send me an e-mail!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
10 Most recent categories
- Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford Cover youtu.be/oOl12mBzKKQ via @YouTube 1 day ago
- Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford Cover youtu.be/oOl12mBzKKQ via @YouTube This is really good. 1 day ago
- RT @JonathanStrahan: So apparently China is considering sending 200,000 ducks into Pakistan to help with the locust problem they are having… 2 days ago
- RT @EmilyDreyfuss: I am in awe of the bravery of the Times journalists tweeting their opposition to the publication of that op-ed. This is… 2 days ago
- RT @BoozyBadger: “I am invoking my right to remain silent and my right to consult an attorney.” Full stop. Don’t add anything. Don’t say… 2 days ago
Previously on KMGN
You are … here but want to be there/search