Today is becoming a productive day. The TV hasn’t been on very much and I have settled into a good book – Reliquary, by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child –, have managed to get more pages of a friend’s book edited, and am getting ready to dive into the re-write of the Husband’s favorite book I’ve written. We will call it WHRT. If it gets published I will, of course, give you the full title.
WHRT does have one of my own favorite characters. He is eccentric, powerful, kind, and genuinely loves life and living. He is the leader, if you will, of our motley crew and is very “colorful” in style of dress.
In reading over the manuscript I can see where I became discouraged and tired, and afraid of ending the story. Endings are my weakest point simply because I do not want to leave the world I have created and it must now stand on its own. Overcoming this particular eccentricity of mine is difficult, but it is proving a conquerable problem. Finished pieces let me see accomplishment rather than the fear of losing the world.
If all goes well, there will be a writing progress post either later on today or tomorrow. Chao all! Hope your day is being productive and creative!
- Audible Daily Deal – Relic: Pendergast, Book 1 by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child (Narrated by David Colacci) for $4.95! (randomizeme.net)
- Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, & Elin Hilderbrand Join Hachette Reading Group Day (mediabistro.com)
- Anticipation: Fall Releases (cheapthrillsbookblog.wordpress.com)
- Characters I Love # 20: Special Agent Pendergast (barryreese.net)
- Don’t get too settled on your idea before you start writing (timothymichaellaw.com)