“Also known as dirty dancing. When a woman slams her bottom on a mans pelvic area while dancing. The man can also lunge his pelvic area forward for a harder bang. This usually performed in a dance club along with upbeat music.” (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twerking)
I never needed, or wanted, to know what “twerking” was for quite a while. Although I did not watch the 2013 VMAs I did watch Miley Cyrus‘ performance for it. Twerking is obviously many things to many different people, and some people consider it to be sexy. The truth is, there is nothing “sexy” about it, or Ms. Cyrus’ performance. It was raw. It was shocking. It kind of looked like someone on a raunchy drug trip trying to see just how far they could push their actions before being tossed out.
Miley Cyrus does want to be perceived as an adult, which I can understand, but, at the same time, adults do not act in this manner – not real adults anyway. I actually feel ashamed for her.
- PSA: Will Someone Please Tell Miley Cyrus To Stop Twerking It? (topekasnews.com)
- Miley Cyrus Twerking On Beetlejuice Is The Best VMA Miley Twerk Photoshop Job Yet (PHOTO) (buzzworthy.mtv.com)
- Miley Cyrus Twerking: Does a Handstand Up Against the Wall Count? (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Taylor Swift’s horrified reaction to Miley Cyrus’ VMA performance, watch here (mirror.co.uk)
- Miley Cyrus Twerks All Over Robin Thicke at VMAs (getitwrighthere.com)